Why foster with us?
The Together Trust’s fostering service is a not-for-profit organisation, all profits made are put back into the service to support more vulnerable children and young people.
Children are in need of foster carers in Manchester, Stockport, Lancashire and Merseyside.
We are a not-for-profit charity championing the rights, needs and ambitions of looked-after children, people with disabilities, autism and mental health difficulties across the North West. And we’ve been doing it for nearly 150 years!
For over 20 years we’ve been recruiting foster carers to provide stable homes to young people who may not be able to live with their birth families.
We need foster carers now more than ever before. Children are in need of foster carers in Stockport, Manchester, Cheshire, Lancashire and Merseyside.
We pride ourselves on the support we give to our carers and, as a charity, we don’t make a profit. The money we make is invested back into the fostering service, to provide the best possible support for our foster carers and, most importantly, the young people in their care.
We found the whole process to be efficient and all staff to be friendly and helpful. Special thanks to our social worker who was honest, supportive and reliable and helped us at every stage of the process, both practically and emotionally.
Join us, and you will benefit from our tailored support
- Access to a duty social worker 24-hours-a-day, 7-days-a-week, 365-days-a-year
- Competitive allowance and fees
- Paid respite care for two weeks a year and outreach support
- Fostering support workers for individual work with children and young people
- Annual fostering holiday
- Supervision from a qualified social worker
- Support when attending meetings with professionals
- Monthly support groups
- Mentoring from other skilled foster carers
- Tailored training programme
- Support from psychologists and therapists
- School holiday activities for looked after children and young people
- Annual celebration event for looked- after children and young people
- Individual membership of The Fostering Network
- Support from other Together Trust services
- At least one carer conference per year, meeting with directors and trustees
We spoke to one of our foster care families about their experience of fostering with the Together Trust.
At every single step we knew that at the end of that phone somebody knew us, knew the placement and had the right advice and guidance, and that’s been from start to finish for the whole of the eight years.
Share this page: